11.23.2011

pretty darn blessed & grateful

So.....
 here I am, it's currently 3:05 a.m. and I cannot sleep, because I will admit that I am a little giddy about the fact that I do not have school OR work tomorrow AND I get to see my family in just a matter of hours. 
I'd be a pretty rude person if I didn't take a few minutes to do what ya'll have been doing all month, expressing gratitude. I've enjoyed seeing everyone's posts & statuses about what they are grateful for. I've been doing some deep reflecting this month and seriously, I am a pretty blessed girl and I have SO many things to be grateful for. 

First off, this crew. 
My home team, my support system, my main squeeze, my family.
Seriously, I am so incredibly blessed to have such a great family. It's so crazy how old we are all getting. It amazes me that the older I get, the more and more I appreciate each and every one of these guys. I look up to them, not only literally, because although I may be the oldest, all my siblings are now taller than me, but I also look up to them for their dedication, attitudes, and love they show towards me and my family.
My siblings and I have been blessed with two dedicated, strong-willed, hard working, persevering, hilarious, loving, outgoing, parents. I wouldn't trade them for the world.

My Extended Family.
Between my dad's side and my mom's side, we are spread out pretty much everywhere along the west, and although I don't get to see them very often, I enjoy seeing how each and everyone of them are progressing. I am thankful for technology that keeps me in touch with them. I am grateful for their examples and the lessons they have taught me and the memories I have made with them.

Opportunities.
This year I have been blessed with so many opportunities. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. Each opportunity we are given, gives us experience, that in the end, prepares us for the next one. 

Employment.
Two summers ago, I stumbled upon this lovely little part time job at DownEast Home, with intentions of quitting at the end of the Summer, not thinking I would actually stay, but I am so glad I did. I LOVE MY JOB. Some days, I might drag my feet, and think of a million other things I'd rather be doing, but honestly this job has probably one of the best things for me. I work with some of the most amazing people, my home crew and the clothing girls, a lot of them feel almost like family because we spend so much time together. It's a blast, even if they can't say my name right and refuse to call me by my real one, or hack my facebook statuses, or hide behind furniture, waiting to scare the crap out of me. I love each and every one of them!

Education.
1.25 Semesters left to go! Can you believe it? It's crazy! The last 4 years have been quite the adventure. It's been a roller coaster, from project to project, but I must say, I've learned something from each and every class I've taken, formed a friendship with each and every one of my talented professors, and gained better respect for myself and my abilities throughout each semester. I know without a doubt that Utah State University is exactly where I was suppose get my schooling, in the very city of Logan, Utah, surrounded by the exact people I needed to be influenced by, at this very time in my life. 
Now, what the heck am I going to do in April when I graduate?
[Haha, if one more person asks me this question, I might give them a high-five... in the face.. with a chair. Just kidding, but seriously!]

Friends.
Wooooooweeeee! Seriously, friends, new and old, I HAVE THE VERY BEST! I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. Each one of them has entered my life at the exact time I have needed them and have remained to be the very people I need them to be. I have so many friends I never thought I would be so close to, but I am so grateful for them. 

Burley.
Yep, I really just wrote that. Never EVER, would I ever think that I would write that as one of the MAIN HUGE MAJOR things I am thankful for, but really, I have fallen completely in love with Burley. It's crazy. I miss that place so much and have found myself driving their more often than I ever have. I don't regret growing up there one bit, it's seriously one of the best places on earth, and the people, no one can compare to! :) 
[I keep joking to my mom that I'm moving back after I graduate.... I hear the interior design industry is really "thriving" there ;)]

The Gospel.
After my summer in NYC, words cannot express to you how my love for the gospel has grown. The gospel has always been a huge part of my life, but I had never realized this until I was out on my own, where so many people do not share the same beliefs as mine. It caused me to stand on my own two feet, stand up for what I believe in, and really find out that the things we are taught, we are taught for a reason and for OUR benefit. The simple teachings of the gospel make our lives less complicated and filled with abundant blessings that bring us true happiness. 



I've learned to be grateful for the little things. Simple Everyday Pleasures. My Drive to School. Phone calls. Responsibilities. Service. Good roomates. A functioning vehicle. Yummy meals. Unanswered prayers. Warm weather, cold weather, rainy days, and sunshine. Trying new things. Meeting new people. My student ward. Little kids. 

My list could go on and on..
but I'll leave it at that. 

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Coup n' Kal said...

lovely post. you know how to speak from the heart. your family is adorable!